WHAT IS THE “TRUE” CHURCH?
“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.” (John 15:4-6)
The true “church” of Jesus Christ is:
- a “house” of individuals in whom Christ “abides”, a house of “called out ones” (2 Corinthians 5:16-18).
- a body of members being sanctified to become the Bride revealed as the Lamb’s wife (Revelation 21:9). The true “church” is a body of members of all those, and only those, who will be saved in the period between the day of Pentecost and the return of Christ to receive His own.
Their concerns are for good reason. Before the end of the first century of the church age, false teachers brought corruption to the true gospel of Jesus Christ to cause many congregations to succumb to false doctrine and fall into worldliness, perversion, and heresy. Check out the Revelation congregations at Sardis, at Laodicea, at Ephesus, Thyatira, and at Pergamos.
Nonetheless, throughout the ages exists a remnant of the faithful and obedient individuals anointed to be the “Bride”…
...that Jesus might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish…(Ephesians 5:27)…
…consisting of the faithful and obedient who…
…will be called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb…for the marriage of the Lamb with His wife hath made herself ready. (Revelation 19:7-9)
It is NOT YOUR religious organization that is the “true church”; it is NOT YOUR denomination that is the “true church”; it is NOT YOUR system of belief that is the “true church”. Neither is it MY denomination, MY religious organization, or MY “system” of belief the “true church”. Only if YOU and if I have the abiding Jesus Christ in us and YOU and I abide in Him are either of us a part of the “true church”.
WHAT IS THE “CHURCH”? The true Church of Jesus Christ is:
- A “house” of “called out ones”:
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-18 called out from the old creation into the new creation, being gathered by the Spirit into one organism or body of which Christ is the Head: Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation…
- A body of members being sanctified to become the Bride revealed as the Lamb’s wife (Rev 21:9) Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.”
- This body of members include…
- all those, and only those who will be saved in the period between the day of Pentecost and the return of Christ to receive His own.
This body of members exists for the purpose of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ throughout a lost a dying world, being salt and light; salt as to make the world thirsty for the living water of Jesus Christ; and light as to reflect to a dark and wicked world the light and righteousness of Jesus Christ.