Chapter 4: THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
As the virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ are, so is the bodily Resurrection of Jesus Christ a fundamental truth of Christian faith.
In the previous chapter we saw where Mormonism attacks Jesus’ deity and Jehovah Witnesses attack His bodily resurrection. It has been said that belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God stands or falls with the question of His bodily resurrection. If you can disprove the resurrection of Jesus Christ and all of Christianity falls, because we base much of our faith in a “living Savior”.
1. Read John 2:18-22. What did Jesus say would happen to him after he was killed?
2. In Peter’s speech near the temple recorded in Acts 3 what did he proclaim in vs. 15?
3. According to Acts 4:33, what was the emphasis the apostles spoke of concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
4. Read Rom 1:4. What did the resurrection demonstrate about Christ?
5. According to Paul’s words in I Cor. 15:3-8, who were the people that saw Jesus Christ after his resurrection?
6. How important is the resurrection of Christ according to 1 Cor. 15:14?
7. In 1 Cor. 15:15, what did Paul say about himself if the resurrection wasn’t true?
8. According to I Cor. 15:17-19, why is Christ’s resurrection so important?
9. In 1 Cor. 15:20-23, Paul wrote about one last event for each of us that hinges on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. What is it?
The Ascension of Christ has everything to do with Christ’s finished work here on earth, which culminated in His resurrection; and includes His present work on our behalf as our intercessor.
10. Read Acts 1:9 11. Where did Jesus go when He ascended?
11. In John 14:1,2 for what reason did Jesus tell his disciples he was going to heaven?
12. In John 14:3, what else did he promise?
13. How does Hebrews 4:14 16 describe the present ministry of Christ?
What then, should be our response according to v. 16?
14. According to Hebrews 8:1, where is Christ now?
15. Doing what (according to 1 John 2:1)?
Def: advocate: one who pleads the cause of another
16. Read Paul’s statement of prayer in Eph. 1:18-23. Over how much does
Christ now rule? (v. 21,22)
============================== * ===========================